YouTube is without doubt one of the hottest video streaming websites on at the moment’s Web. What many desktop customers have no idea is that it helps keyboard shortcuts that will assist save time on the positioning or pace up sure actions.
Need some examples? Hit the Spacebar to play or pause the present video, j to hunt backwards 10 seconds within the participant, or m to toggle mute.
These keyboard shortcuts have been round for a very long time, however they’re solely supported by YouTube’s desktop consumer.
Tip: use a third-party YouTube consumer on Android for a greater expertise. On desktop, you could use Privateness Redirects to load a privacy-friendly YouTube occasion.
Keyboard shortcuts on YouTube
Google notes on the official assist website that utilizing keyboard shortcuts on YouTube will depend on whether or not the “new laptop expertise” is used. Whether it is, it’s required that customers click on on the video participant to start out utilizing shortcuts. Within the previous YouTube, keyboard shortcuts labored instantly with out requiring that person motion.
There are many shortcuts obtainable on YouTube, however some seem like extra helpful than others. You might use the keyboard shortcut Shift-?, or choose Menu > Keyboard Shortcuts, to show a few of them. Some? Sure, as a result of the menu doesn’t listing all of them. House will not be listed for example to toggle pause/playback.
Right here is our prime listing of helpful keyboard shortcuts that you could be use on YouTube on the desktop:
- House or p — toggle play/pause
- j — rewind 10 seconds.
- l — quick ahead 10 seconds.
- m — toggle mute.
- f — toggle fullscreen mode.
- c — toggle captions.
- / — activate the search field.
- Shift-P — play the earlier video.
- Shift-N — play the following video (both the following in a playlist or the following really useful video).
- 0..9 — bounce to particular factors within the video in 10% steps. Urgent 5 will bounce to the center of the video (50%). Doesn’t work on the Numpad.
- < -- lower the playback charge.
- > — enhance the playback charge.
- , — bounce to the earlier body (whereas paused).
- . — bounce to the following body (whereas paused).
As you’ll be able to see, YouTube helps a number of keyboard shortcuts to get issues accomplished quicker whereas on the positioning. My private favorites are m for a fast mute, House for a fast pause, and j/l to rapidly rewind or quick ahead movies.
Now You: do you employ keyboard shortcuts on YouTube or different websites? If that’s the case, that are your favorites?