The e-mail shopper Thunderbird is on the market in a number of editions. Most customers use the secure model of the e-mail shopper, however some could also be excited about operating the beta and nightly editions of Thunderbird as properly.
Thunderbird 102 has been launched as a beta version lately; since it’s a main new launch, some customers might wish to test it out previous to remaining launch, e.g., to seek out out if add-ons proceed to work, how the adjustments and new options work out, or if some other points are skilled.
Word: Beta variations might have bugs and different points, and a few options might not be full or accessible in any respect. It’s endorsed to run the beta model of Thunderbird subsequent to the secure model, and to again up Thunderbird information repeatedly.
customers might obtain the newest Beta model from the official web site. Thunderbird customers have two choices with regards to putting in the Beta model of the e-mail program on their techniques:
- Set up the Beta of Thunderbird in a separate listing to run it subsequent to the secure model of Thunderbird.
- Set up the Beta shopper in the identical program listing, to switch the secure model.
Most customers might wish to set up the beta in a separate listing, particularly whether it is for testing. The Home windows model of the installer will use a special listing robotically — C:Program FilesMozilla Thunderbird Beta as a substitute of C:Program FilesMozilla Thunderbird utilized by the secure version — and Linux and Mac customers want to pick a special folder for the set up to separate beta and secure variations.
Choose the customized set up choice throughout setup to see the vacation spot folder and get an choice to change it. Simply activate the browse button and choose a special goal folder for the set up.
Thunderbird Beta can be put in in a separate listing. Be certain to uncheck the “make Thunderbird the default e mail shopper” choice throughout setup. The e-mail shopper will create a beta profile for the brand new model of Thunderbird, which implies that information isn’t imported by default from the secure profile.
Thunderbird 102 consists of improved import choices, which makes it straightforward to import information from the secure model to the beta model.
- Activate the Alt-key to show the menu bar within the Thunderbird Beta interface.
- Choose Instruments > Import.
- On the import display, be sure that “Import from one other Thunderbird set up” is chosen, and activate the proceed button.
- You’re requested to choose an current Thunderbird profile that Thunderbird’s import device detected, browse for a profile, or choose a profile that’s zipped.
- Tip: when you’ve got a number of profiles and do not know which one to choose, open the secure model of Thunderbird, press the Alt-Key to show the menu, choose Assist > Extra Troubleshooting Data, and activate the “open folder” button subsequent to Profile Folder. The profile title of the activate profile is an identical to the folder title. Shut the secure Thunderbird window earlier than you proceed.
- Choose Proceed upon getting made a variety.
- All information is imported by default, however you might opt-out of importing accounts and settings, tackle books, calendars, or mail messages. Choose Proceed.
- The subsequent web page gives a abstract of what has been chosen. Click on “begin import” to import the info.
- Thunderbird might turn out to be unresponsive for some time, and the e-mail shopper can be restarted in the long run to finish the importing of information.
The e-mail shopper will restart robotically, and all information that has been imported needs to be displayed.
Word: Pop3 information will not be imported. You may take a look at the suggestion on the official beta web page of the challenge to learn the way to deal with this.
Thunderbird 102 can be launched within the coming months. Chances are you’ll use the tactic described for future beta releases and even for Thunderbird Each day releases, that are much more leading edge improvement releases than the beta releases.
Now You: do you stay up for Thunderbird 102?